Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Welcome!

I've decided to join the blogging bandwagon (say that three times really fast) to share my thoughts, musings, trials, tribulations, and anything else I feel like (so there!). My main focus will be on writing and publishing, but I reserve the right to bore you with anything else that strikes my fancy.

A brief introduction: I'm a published novelist -- three thrillers that were issued as paperback originals by HarperCollins in the late nineties. I am no longer with Harper and my original agent has retired. I spent a few years with another agent who tried to sell a mystery I wrote, but alas, to no avail. We parted company a year and a half ago, I decided to self-publish the mystery to see what all the POD/self-publishing woo-hoo is really all about, and now I've completed another thriller that is desperately seeking a home.

So at the moment I'm in the middle of trying to find a new agent and sell a new book. Though this is something I've done before, it's been a while and I forgot just how humbling (humiliating) it can be. And given the fact that I'm no longer with Harper because they dumped me a few years ago when they acquired Avon, my ego isn't exactly hanging out in the stratosphere. I've long felt that misery is easier to bear when shared, so that's part of what I'll be using this blog for. That, and musings on this crazy industry called publishing.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! This should be fun.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Hi Beth. I'm so glad to see you're blogging. I look forward to reading. Jer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home