Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions

If intentions were dollars I'd be rich by now and there would a lot more entries on this blog.

But I'm trying. And life will be changing in the next few days, so I hope to have more time for this. It's been a bit hectic lately, what with contractors who have been working on some home improvements we're doing and the inevitable problems that go with that. Not to mention the issues I've had with trying to sleep during the day (since I work all night) and having strange men hanging around my house banging on things all day long...

Writing-wise, I'm doing a major revamp of my latest novel, the one that has thus far been soundly rejected by more than a dozen agents. After submitting my synopsis to Miss Snark's Crapometer, I realized I had to make some serious changes. So I'm currently in the midst of revision hell. But it's hard to focus given the tiny snippets of time I have free to dedicate to my writing, especially amidst all those strange wandering men and pounding, pounding, pounding. My "real" job has been demanding a huge amount of time for the past few months, but that should improve next week. And with any luck, the strange pounding men will disappear sometime in the next week or so.

So stay tuned. As part of my New Years' resolutions, I hereby resolve to post here more regularly. And to finish those revisions in the next week or so. Give or take a month.

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Great news for those of us who love your writing. You'll get this one sold, just like the others. And I'm glad you're going to blog a bit more about the process. You have good stuff to say. (Eloquent, aren't I?) Jer

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger beth amos said...

Thanks for checking in here, Jer.

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teenagers have blogs, celebrity clubs have blogs, news agencies have blogs, businesses have blogs - even your aunt Sophie could have a blog. The wonderful thing about blogs is that there are virtually no restraints on what it could be used for. visit my blog at real estate loans

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave me your blog address at instant cash loan and I'll be sure to add
it to my blogroll and come visit you. It's just over there on the right - just click
to add your pin to the map.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home