Tuesday, December 28, 2021

WHOOPS!

I can't believe it's been three years since my last post here. Clearly, I'm terrible at
blogging. A lot has happened in those three years, including some family issues that ate up a lot of my time and the obligation to write two books a year. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm no longer under those two-book-a-year contracts, which is both good news and bad news. It means the Mattie Winston series has come to an end for now with book number twelve, Dead Even, which came out earlier this year. There have been two other books in the series that have come out since my last post: Dead of Winter and Dead Ringer. I have to confess, the pressure of not having to balance the need to produce two books a year with the rest of my life feels kind of nice.

And there is some exciting news to share. I'm still under contract, just with a new publisher and for a new series (though still writing as Annelise Ryan), the first of which, A Death In Door County: A Monster Hunter Mystery, will be released this coming September. I'm super excited about this series, which will feature cryptozoologist, Morgan Carter, who in addition to hunting cryptids owns an oddities and mystery book store. I don't have cover art for the first book yet, but hope to have it soon. For now there is a placeholder cover being used so you can bookmark the link and/or preorder the book. And since I'm so good at this blogging stuff, if you want to keep up to date on the latest news, sign up for my newsletter here.

In the meantime, if you haven't read the latest Mattie Winston books, do so now. And while you're at it, check out the two-book, spin-off series featuring social worker, Hildy Schneider: Needled to Death and Night Shift. Stay tuned....

  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home