Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, so I'm not great at keeping up with posts here. That's because I've been busy, busy, busy with work, writing, and life in general (including the removal of the many feet of snow that has fallen on us here in Wisconsin.) But things are moving along. I now have confirmation of the title for the first book in the Mattie Winston series. WORKING STIFF is scheduled for release in September and the title of book number two will most likely be SCARED STIFF. The second book is well under way; I have about two-thirds of it done and I'm really enjoying revisiting these characters.

I haven't been very focused on writing the past few days because I'm heading out this weekend for a hard core word geek fest. I'm playing in a weekend long Scrabble tournament in the Twin Cities called The Redeye. The name is appropriate given that there will be 29 games squeezed into two days, with play commencing at sixish in the morning and going until after eleven at night both days. So in preparation I've been studying anagrams all week, trying to hone my skills. The last two tournaments I played in didn't go well so I'm hoping to do better this time out. We'll see. Even if I don't, it's always fun to play mad Scrabble with my fellow word geeks. And what better way to spend a weekend of single digit temps?

After that it's back to writing, a whole different kind of word play. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Casey Freeland said...

Good luck to you Beth! I have never been good at Scrabble, but I play a mean game of Chutes and Ladders. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home