Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scrabble update: I managed to come from behind and take second place in my division at the Redeye tournament this past weekend, winning $250. It definitely gave my Scrabble ego a much needed boost since the only thing I won at my last competition was the sad sack award for coming in last. This was a crazy tournament. It's called the Redeye because it involves playing 29 games of competitive Scrabble in 41 hours. Play started at 6:45 in the morning and went until 11:00 at night both Saturday and Sunday. But everyone there remained chipper, friendly, respectful, and polite (not always the case at these events) and I look forward to meeting my fellow word nerds again soon.

Now it's back to focusing on those other words I play with, the written ones that form a novel. I've been editing for the past two weeks and not writing much new stuff but I'm close to the end of my edits (for this round) and ready to start tapping the keys again.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Casey Freeland said...

Wow Beth, that's amazing. How you can keep your mind sharp enough to continue through that many games is beyond me. Nice cash prize too. Way to go.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger beth amos said...

Thanks! It was crazy fun.

Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home