Sunday, November 15, 2009

Playing the Waiting Game

In limbo...that's how I'm feeling at the moment. WORKING STIFF has been out for 10 weeks but I have no idea how it's selling yet. There have been some very nice reviews from PW, Romantic Times, Book Page, and readers who have posted on both the Amazon and Barnes and Noble sites. I also had a fun interview that appeared in The Big Thrill newsletter. I hope these will help move the book but there's no way to know for sure. There won't be a royalty statement until the end of May and it will show how sales went between the release date and the end of 2009. So it will be six-month-old news when I get it.


In the meantime, I have finished edits of SCARED STIFF and it's back to my editor. There should be some cover art soon -- I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this one. The release date for it is August 31, 2010 and the paperback of WORKING STIFF will be released on July 31, 2010.


I'm currently at work on book #3, TITLE UNKNOWN (though I'm thinking it will either be FROZEN STIFF or STIFF PENALTY) and I'm looking forward to seeing where these characters will go next. It's always a blast to make each journey with them.


The interest in Hollywood continues, and though one possibility didn't pan out, there is another one now in the works. It's a huge, HUGE long shot, but then, who knows?


So at the moment, not much is happening, hence the limbo feeling. I'm waiting on everything: waiting on new cover art, waiting on sales reports, waiting on royalties, waiting on release dates, waiting on Hollywood. Waiting is definitely a recurring theme in this business, from the querying stage down to the publishing stage. Not a career for the impatient, that's for sure! Fortunately I have some characters I adore and have tons of fun with to help me pass the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home